- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 40 g butter, 25g melted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- sprigs of thyme
- 2 onions, chopped
- 200 g Parma ham, finely sliced
- 200 g emmental cheese, finely sliced
1. Thoroughly squeeze out the moisture from the grated potatoes.
2. Season the grated potato generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix in the melted butter, garlic and egg.
3. Heat a medium frying pan until hot. Add the potato mixture, shaping it into a pancake shape.
4. Fry until set, around 10 minutes, flip over and fry for a further 10 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
5. Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in a small, heavy-based frying pan. Add the thyme and onions and fry gently for 10 minutes until the onion is softened.
6. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
7. Slice the fried potato rosti onto a baking sheet. Spread the fried onion over the rosti and layer with the Parma ham, then top with the Emmenthal.
8. Bake the rosti for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe