- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time:
- Effort: easy
For the pastry
- 220 g '00' flour, (fine-grade Italian flour)
- pinches salt
- 100 g salted butter, diced
- 2 tbsp cold water
For the pork
- 1 x 500 g pork fillet
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 150 g Parma ham, sliced
- 150 g tapenade, (black olive paste)
- 1 large egg, beaten
For the salad
- 200 g French beans, blanched
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
- 8 quail's eggs, boiled and halved
1. For the pastry, mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add about 2 tablespoons of cold water, and bring the pastry together to make a smooth dough. Knead until smooth before wrapping the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerating for about 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6 and season the pork generously with salt, pepper and rosemary.
4. Wrap the meat in the Parma ham, making sure that the meat is completely covered.
5. Roll out the pastry until it is large enough to cover the meat. Spread with the olive paste. Place the meat in the middle and wrap the pastry around the pork.
6. Brush the pastry all over with beaten egg, and place the pork on a baking sheet. Bake for about 35 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for about 10 minutes.
7. While the meat is in the oven, make the salad. Place the French beans in a large bowl and dress with the honey, lemon juice and oil.
8. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, gently stir in the quail eggs and serve the salad with the pork.
Rate This Recipe