- Serves: 16
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 turkey
- 1 pheasant, deboned
- 1 partridge, deboned
For the stuffing
- 6 slices white bread, made into breadcrumbs in food processor
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large bunch thyme, leaves only
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Have the butcher debone the birds for you. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Combine all the stuffing ingredients in a food processor and whiz to a smooth paste.
3. Spread about a quarter of the stuffing mixture over the flesh of the partridge. Place the coated partridge inside the pheasant. Coat the pheasant with some more of the stuffing and then place the pheasant inside the turkey.
4. Stitch the turkey together to secure the parcel. and weigh it to calculate the approximate cooking time. Coat the turkey with a final layer of stuffing and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
5. Place in a large roasting tin. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour. Reduce the oven temperature to 180C/gas 4, remove the foil and continue cooking for another hour or until the meat is 85C when a meat thermometer is inserted deep into the flesh.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
Rate This Recipe