- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 handfuls of lardons, or cubed unsmoked bacon
- 3 eggs
- 2 handfuls of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls of parmesan, grated
- 1 large bunch of ruby chard
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
For the salsa:
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
1. In a small frying pan, fry the lardons until lightly browned. Allow to cool slightly.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and lardons.
3. Beat in the parsley and Parmesan cheese.
4. Take the ruby chard and separate out the larger leaves. Shred the remaining ruby chard and fold in. Season generously with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
6. Butter two ramekins. Line the ramekins with the larger ruby chard leaves, then spoon in the shredded ruby chard mixture and fold the leaves over.
7. Cover each ramekin with a square of greased kitchen foil. Place the ramekins in a roasting tray and pour in boiling water until it reaches halfway up their sides.
8. Bake for 30 minutes until firm and set.
9. Meanwhile, make the salsa. In a bowl, mix together the tomato, onion and thyme leaves. Dress with the vinegar and olive oil.
10. Carefully turn out the baked timbales onto 2 serving plates, spoon over the salsa and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe