- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 2 minutes for melting butter
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g Oreo cookies, crushed
- 150 g butter, melted
- 150 ml cola
- 1 sachet of powdered gelatine
- 450 g cream cheese
- 4 tbsp dark rum
- grated zest and juice of 1 limes
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
1. Mix the cookies and the butter together and spoon into the flan tin. Press down firmly and place into the fridge to firm up.
2. Put the cola in saucepan and sprinkle over the gelatine, leave for 5 minutes to soak up. Heat the cola mixture over a gentle heat, until the gelatine has fully dissolved. Set aside.
3. Beat the cream cheese, rum and grated lime zest together until smooth. Stir in cola and gelatine. Mix thoroughly.
4. Spoon over the top of the biscuits and smooth over the top. Put in the fridge to set for 30 to 45 minutes. After this time remove from flan tin and place on a plate.
5. Whisk the double cream, sugar, rum and lime juice together until firm.
6. Pipe the cream around the edge of the cheesecake, decorate with the lime slices and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe