- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 120 g raisins
- 2 tbsp rum, plus extra for the pots
- 1-2 tbsp warm water
- 375 ml double cream
- 125 g caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
1. Soak the raisins in a bowl of the rum and warm water until softened slightly.
2. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3.
3. Heat the cream and sugar together in a small, heavy-based pan over a medium-low heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat before the mixture begins to boil.
4. Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl until light and fluffy, then whisk in the hot cream and sugar mixture. Add a dash of rum to the mixture.
5. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve, then stir in most of the rum and raisins. Divide the mixture among four ramekins.
6. Place the ramekins into a deep-sided oven tray and fill with enough hot water to come two-thirds of the way up the ramekins. Cover the ramekins with foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until set.
7. Allow the pots to cool down slightly before serving with the reserved rum-soaked raisins on top.
Rate This Recipe