- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g raisins
- 250 ml dark rum
- 125 g butter, very well softened
- 250 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 190 g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 65 ml milk
- custard, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. Place the raisins and 170ml of rum in a small saucepan over a low heat and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
3. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale. Add the eggs gradually and beat well.
4. Sift over the flour and baking powder, add the milk and stir to combine. Add half of the soaked raisins and stir through.
5. Spoon the mixture into 6 greased 225ml capacity muffin tins.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until risen and golden.
7. Pour the remaining rum over the remaining raisins and serve with the warm puddings and custard.
Rate This Recipe