- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
For the lamb
- 4 lamb rumps, or chumps
- a few sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 knob of butter
For the aubergine and courgette
- 2 aubergines, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 courgettes, cut into 1cm cubes
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 4 whole cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 pinches cayenne pepper
- 100 g currants
- 1 x 400 g can of plum tomatoes
- 4-5 fresh plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bunches each of fresh coriander and mint, chopped plus extra to garnish
For the mint yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- a few sprigs fresh mint
- freshly ground white pepper
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Warm flatbreads
1. For the lamb: marinate the lamb with the garlic, rosemary, black pepper and olive oil. Leave for one hour or overnight, if possible.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
3. Place the lamb in a roasting tin, and cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until pink inside.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to rest.
5. For the aubergine and courgette: Fry with the aubergine and courgette in a little olive oil until golden brown. Add a little more olive oil if the aubergine begins to stick. Season lightly with salt and set aside.
6. In a saucepan, sweat the onion in a little olive oil with the remaining whole garlic cloves.
7. After about 10 minutes, add the spices and cook for 1 minute before adding the currants and canned tomatoes. Continue to cook for a further few minutes.
8. Stir in the fresh tomatoes, aubergine and courgette chunks.
9. Check the seasoning and add the freshly chopped herbs. Set aside.
10. For the mint yogurt: In a pestle and mortar add the garlic, mint, sea salt and white pepper and pound to a paste.
11. Stir this into the yogurt and chill in the fridge before using.
12. To serve cut the lamb into thick slices. Place the aubergine mixture on a plate, arrange the lamb next to it and spoon the yogurt dressing over. Garnish with mint leaves and serve with warm flatbread.
Rate This Recipe