- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 eggs
- 750 ml milk
- 175 g buckwheat or wholemeal flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 150 g smoked salmon
- 1 jar of cod roe
- 150 ml soured cream
1. Mix the eggs and milk together.
2. Stir in the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
3. Add a pinch of salt and mix thoroughly.
4. To prepare the frying pan, heat the oil and pour into a saucer. Skewer the onion half with a fork and dip it in the saucer of oil, this ensures that you have exactly the right amount of oil in the pan. The best pan to use is a special, small blini pan, however, you can use a normal frying pan, and you will simply have rustic-looking blinis.
5. Pour a thin layer of batter evenly into the pan. Cook the blini for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
6. Top with smoked salmon, cod roes and sour cream.
Rate This Recipe