- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 200g pancetta, finely diced
- 3 sticks celery, cut into small dice
- 3 carrots, cut into small dice
- 2 medium white onions, cut into small dice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomato
- 1 tin borlotti beans
- 1 tin cannellini beans
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 100 g freshly grated parmesan
1. Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat. Heat three tablespoons of olive oil and then add the diced pancetta and sauté until crispy.
2. Add the diced vegetables and rosemary and sauté gently for about 10-15 minutes until soft.
3. Add the chopped garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes then add the tinned tomato and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the beans and then add to the vegetable and tomato mixture. Using a potato masher, mash the beans. Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Rate This Recipe