- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g spaghetti
- 100 g sourdough or crusty bread
- 8 halves sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- small handful of small basil leaves
- 1 small buffalo mozzarella, halved
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- extra olive oil and finely grated parmesan, to serve
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 810 minutes or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm.
2. While the pasta is cooking, place the bread, tomato, garlic, and oil in the bowl of a food processor, season with salt and pepper, then process in short bursts until the mixture resembles small crumbs. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the crumb mixture and cook, stirring, for 45 minutes or until crumbs are golden. Toss the crumbs and basil with the pasta.
3. Divide between serving bowls and top with the mozzarella. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and extra olive oil. Sprinkle with parmesan.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website
Rate This Recipe