- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2-3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- pinch of turmeric
- pinch of red chilli powder
- pinch of ground white pepper
- 20 g butter
- fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Boil the potatoes in a pan of salted water until tender; drain and allow to cool. Cut the boiled potatoes into thick wedges and set aside.
2. Heat the sunflower oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add in the mustard seeds and fry, stirring, until they pop.
3. Add in the garlic and green chilli and mix well.
4. Add in the turmeric, chilli, a pinch of salt and white pepper and fry, stirring, for 1 minute.
5. Add in the butter and the potato wedges. Fry briskly stirring until the potato wedges are golden. Season with salt, if needed, sprinkle with the coriander leaves and serve at once. This dish goes well with the lamb seekh kebabs.
Rate This Recipe