- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 24 quail's eggs
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 500 g new potatoes, cooked
- 200 g sugar snap peas, raw
For the saffron aioli
- 3 egg yolks
- 3-5 clove garlic, (or to taste), de-germed
- 1/2 tsp strands saffron, soaked in 1 tbsp hot water
- 250 ml light olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Place the quail's eggs in a pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and run under running water until cold.
2. Steam the asparagus until barely tender, or cooked to your liking. Cool.
3. Place the egg yolks, garlic, soaked saffron and a little salt in a food processor and blend into a paste.
4. Keeping the motor running, add in a little olive oil, one drop of oil at a time. Very, very slowly gather pace and pour in the remaining olive oil in a very thin and steady stream until the mixture forms a thick mayonnaise. If the aioli curdles, add in another yolk.
5. Mix in the lemon juice, then spoon into a serving bowl.
6. Serve the aioli on a large platter, surrounded by the quails' eggs, asparagus, new potatoes and sugar snap peas.
Rate This Recipe