- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 scallops, cleaned
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 25 g butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
For the saffron mashed potatoes
- 1.5 kg Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 tsp strands saffron, infused in 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1 bunches flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. To cook the potatoes: place the quartered potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender.
2. Drain the potatoes and mash until smooth.
3. Stir the soaked saffron into the mashed potatoes and season with salt and black pepper.
4. For the scallops: heat the oil in a frying pan and cook quickly over a high heat in a pan for about 1 minute on each side.
5. Squeeze over the lemon juice and add the butter and garlic to the pan.
6. Cook for 30 seconds and season with black pepper.
7. To serve: pile the saffron mash onto 4 plates or bowls, top with the scallops and serve at once with flat-leafed parsley and lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe