- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 150 g parmesan, (Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 6 pears, (not too ripe), peeled, halved and cored
- 600 ml medium white wine
- 50 g caster sugar
- strip of lemon zest
- 2 star anise
- pinch saffron
Tips and Suggestions
The pears can be made up to three days in advance, then covered and chilled until required. Warm them slightly before serving to enjoy them at their best.
1. Grate the parmesan very finely.
2. Mix together the parmesan and ricotta cheese thoroughly. Cover and set to one side until ready to serve.
3. Put the pears, wine and sugar into a saucepan with the lemon zest, saffron and star anise. Heat and simmer very gently for about 20 minutes, until the pears are tender. Cool them until barely warm.
4. Share out the pears, with some of the flavoured syrup, between four serving bowls. Spoon the cheese mixture onto them and serve.
Rate This Recipe