- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 80 ml olive oil
- 300 g shallots, sliced
- 1 pinches sea salt
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 pinches strands saffron
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 225 g pimentos
- 1 pinches freshly ground black pepper
- 1.25 litres chicken stock
- 300 g green beans, sliced into 1 cm pieces
- 500 g calasparra rice
- 24 king prawns, raw, shelled, deveined and tails left on
1. Heat a large, heavy-based saucepan over a medium to high heat and add 40ml of olive oil. Add half the shallots and sprinkle liberally with sea salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the tomatoes, saffron, paprika, half the pimentos, the freshly ground pepper and chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. When you add the beans, heat a large frying pan or paella pan over a medium to high heat and add the remaining olive oil. Add the remaining shallots and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the rice and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring to coat all the grains with oil. Add the tomato mixture and the remaining pimentos and simmer over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
5. Add the prawns, stir to combine, then cook, without stirring for another 10 minutes, or until the prawns are pink. Serve at once with lemon wedges and parsley.
Rate This Recipe