- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g lean minced pork
- 225 g pork fatback, (fatty trimmings from bacon rashers), minced
- 3 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp dried sage, finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 60 ml water
1. In a large bowl, combine the pork mince and fatback with the salt, pepper, sage, cayenne pepper, sugar and water.
2. Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry a tablespoon of the sausage mixture until golden on both sides - about 3-4 minutes on each side. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. This mixture can be now filled into sausage skins.
The manual sausage machines featured in Food Uncut for this recipe were kindly supplied by Design a Sausage.
Rate This Recipe