- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the dumplings
- 1 egg, beaten
- handfuls sprig thyme
- 450 g Salad Blue potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 250 g plain flour
- black pepper
For the chowder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- ½ leeks, finely sliced
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 400 g undyed smoked haddock
- 2 tomatoes, blanched, seeds removed
1. To make the dumplings, beat the egg and thyme into the mashed potato. Add the flour and season with salt and pepper.
2. Shape the mixture into small balls.
3. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and drop in the dumplings. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until they rise to the surface. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the dumplings out and plunge into iced water. Leave on one side until ready to use.
4. For the chowder, heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion, carrot and leeks. Cook for 5 minutes or so, until softened but not coloured.
5. Add the stock, bring to the boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Cut the haddock into chunks and add to the broth.
7. Carefully drop in the dumplings and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Roughly chop the tomatoes and stir into the chowder. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe