- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil, for frying
- small portion duck confit, hredded
- 5cm piece black pudding, sliced and quartered
- 2-3 small new potatoes, cooked and halved
- 3-4 oyster mushrooms, liced
- 1 rashers rashers of smoked streaky bacon, diced
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Puy lentils, cooked
- 2 tsp capers
- handful of curly endive salad
- 1 hard-boiled egg, quartered
- 2 tsp Dijon vinaigrette
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
For the Dijon vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
For the ciabatta croï¿½tons:
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ciabatta bread, crusts removed, cut into 1cm cubes
Tips and Suggestions
Leftover croûtons can be stored for a few days in an airtight container.
Leftover vinaigrette can be kept in the fridge in a screw-top jar.
1. First make the vinaigrette. Combine the vinegar and salt in a small bowl. Whisk in the mustard, then the oil. Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
2. Next make the croûtons. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the bread cubes and fry, turning, until evenly golden. Remove from the pan with a perforated spoon and drain on crumpled paper towel.
3. To make the salad, heat 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in a clean pan over medium-high heat. Add the duck and black pudding and fry for a few minutes, turning, until crisp. Remove from the pan and drain on crumpled paper towel.
4. Now fry the potatoes and oyster mushrooms for 3-4 minutes until the potatoes are golden. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel.
5. Add the bacon bits to the pan and fry until crisp. Stir in the sherry vinegar and stir to deglaze the pan.
6. Tip the bacon and any juices into a bowl. Add the duck, black pudding, potatoes, mushrooms, lentils, capers and salad leaves. Season with salt and toss together.
7. Transfer the salad to a serving plate and arrange the egg quarters around the edge. Dress with 2 teaspoons of the vinaigrette (keep the rest for another salad) and sprinkle with a few croûtons. Sprinkle with the chives and serve.
Rate This Recipe