- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g jersey royal potatoes
- 140 g broad beans
- 140 g peas
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 100 g pancetta
- 4 tbsp mint leaves
- 25 g flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook the potatoes in their skins in a pan of boiling salted water for about 10 minutes. They should be tender to the point of a knife.
2. Drain the potatoes and allow to cool.
3. Place the broad beans in a large pan of boiling salted water. Cook for 3-4 minutes, and then tip in the peas.
4. Boil for another 2-3 minutes until both the peas and broad beans are tender but still have some texture.
5. Drain and refresh in ice-cold water.
6. Remove the tough outer skins of the broad beans and discard.
7. Heat the light olive oil in a heavy-based pan and fry the pancetta until really crisp.
8. Tip the pancetta with the oil from the pan into a large bowl.
9. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle cut them in half and add to the bowl.
10. Mix well so that the warm potatoes absorb some of the delicious pancetta flavours.
11. Pour boiling water over the mint and parsley leaves and allow to stand for 2 minutes.
12. Drain and run under cold water until completely cooled.
13. In a small mixer or with a hand blender, blend the blanched leaves with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
14. Add the lemon juice and whisk in the remaining oil to form an emulsion.
15. Season well with salt and black pepper.
16. Put the peas and the peeled broad beans, into the bowl, pour over the dressing and mix thoroughly.
17. Check the seasoning and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe