- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus at least 1 hr marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 fresh scallops, shelled
- 200 g smoked wild salmon, thickly sliced
- sprigs watercress
- 2 red peppers, roasted, skinned and cut into strips
- finely chopped flat leaf parsley, to garnish
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- finely chopped mint, to taste
- juice of 2 lemons
- dashes of white wine vinegar
- black pepper
1. First make the dressing. Mix together the olive oil, shallot, garlic, mint, lemon juice and the white wine vinegar, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Slice the scallops into discs. Toss the sliced scallops with half the dressing (reserving the remaining dressing). Marinate the scallops in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
3. Layer the rocket and watercress on a serving plate and arrange the marinated scallops in the center. Arrange the smoked wild salmon around the scallops.
4. Toss the red pepper strips with a little of the reserved dressing. Add the red pepper strips to the salad leaves.
5. Drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Rate This Recipe