- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp horseradish sauce
- juice of 1 lemons
- 100 ml double cream
- black pepper
- 225 g rashers of smoked streaky bacon, rind trimmed off
- 400 g smoked trout fillets, warmed
- 200 g frisée lettuce, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. In a bowl, place the horseradish sauce, lemon juice and cream. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix together well.
2. Place the bacon rashers under a hot grill and cook until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper. When cool, break into bite-sized pieces.
3. Flake the smoked trout.
4. Place the lettuce in a bowl and toss in the parsley and half the horseradish dressing. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Divide the salad between four serving plates. Arrange the smoked trout and bacon on top, spoon over the rest of the dressing, then sprinkle over the chives.
6. Drizzle each portion with a little olive oil and serve.
Rate This Recipe