- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: hard
For the hollandaise
- 3 egg yolks
- 200 ml fresh blood orange juice, reduced to 50ml
- 250 g butter, clarified
For the salad
- 100baby g new potatoes
- 1x180 g salmon, sliced into escallops
- olive oil
- handfuls basil
- squeeze lemon juice
1. For the hollandaise: put the egg yolks in a bowl over a small pan of simmering water. Whisk until they are at the ribbon stage (the mixture falls like ribbons if you lift the whisk), then whisk in the reduced orange juice.
2. Gradually whisk the melted butter into the mixture, whisking until fully emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
3. For the salad: boil the new potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside.
4. Preheat a grill until hot. Brush both sides of the salmon with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon on both sides until cooked to your liking.
5. Mix the potatoes with the basil and lemon. Serve with the salmon and the hollandaise sauce.
Rate This Recipe