- Serves: makes 10 as a cocktail snack
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 new potatoes
- 1 tbsp rock salt
- 1 pinches freshly ground black pepper
For the stuffing
- 50 ml double cream, softly whipped
- 15 g wasabi, paste
- 0.5 limes, juice only
- 60 g smoked salmon, sliced into fine strips
- 1 lime zest, shredded and blanched
1. Set the oven to 220°C/gas 8. Heat the oil in a baking tray until smoking, throw in the potatoes and give them a shake so that they are covered in the oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes until they are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
2. To prepare the canapés, cut a cross in each of the potatoes and squeeze the sides to make a slight point.
3. For the filling, beat together the cream, wasabi paste and lime juice until thick enough to use in a piping bag.
4. Fit a star shape nozzle to the piping back and pipe a 'star' of the cream mixture into the crossed opening of your potatoes. Curl a strip of smoked salmon around the top and sprinkle with a little lime zest. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe