- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 24 hrs chilling
- Effort: medium
- 375 g strong bread flour
- 40 g sugar
- 15 g yeast
- 8 g salt
- 80 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 185 g butter, softened
- rocket salad, to serve
For the filling:
- 6 even-sized salmon
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 6 limes, finely sliced
- 6 tsp crystallised ginger
- 6 tsp butter
- milk, for sealing
- eggs, beaten for glazing
1. Mix together the flour, sugar, yeast, salt, milk and eggs in a food processor using a blade or by hand until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
2. Add in the softened butter and mix for a further 5 minutes in a food processor or 10 minutes by hand.
3. Place the dough in a bowl, cover and chill in a refrigerator overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
5. Roll out the dough to about 5mm thick and divide into 6 even-sized squares.
6. Place a salmon steak in the centre of each dough square and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Top each portion with lime and crystallised ginger, then a teaspoon of butter.
7. Brush the edges of the pastry squares with milk and fold up over the salmon to form 6 parcels. Brush with beaten egg and place on a baking sheet.
8. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and risen.
9. Serve warm from the oven with a rocket salad.
Rate This Recipe