- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus overnight marinating
- Effort: easy
- 200 g salmon, skinned, trimmed and boned
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 lemon, grated zest only
For the ceviche
- 1 shallot
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 dashes of hot pepper sauce
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, halved, seeds removed and sliced
- salmon eggs
- fresh dill
1. Place the salmon in the centre of a piece of cling film large enough to completely wrap over it.
2. In a bowl mix together all the marinade ingredients and gently rub all over the fish. Wrap up tightly and leave in the fridge overnight.
3. Unwrap the salmon and pat dry with kitchen paper.
4. To make the salmon ceviche; chop the salmon into very small pieces (like 'tartare') and put in a large bowl with the shallot, lemon juice, ginger juice and pepper sauce. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place a large pastry cutter or round mould in the centre of each plate and fill almost full with the salmon mixture.
6. Top with soured cream, level off with a spatula and carefully remove the mould.
7. Surround the salmon with overlapping slices of cucumber and garnish the top with salmon eggs and fresh dill. Serve with hot toast.
Rate This Recipe