- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 3 hours marinate, plus overnight resting time
- Effort: easy
- 1 side of pinboned, skinless salmon
- 500 g sugar
- 500 g salt
- 4 chillies
- 2 star anise
- 5 large limes, juiced and zested
- 5 large lemons, juiced and zested
- 5 bunches dill
1. Put salmon in a deep tray. In a food processor blend all ingredients to make a marinade, saving 2 bunches of dill. With the marinade rub salmon and marinate for 3 hours.
2. After 3 hours wash salmon fillet. Cut salmon in half longways, sprinkle with chopped dill. Roll in to cylinders. Leave to rest overnight.
3. Serve with creme fraiche, salmon roe and fresh horseradish.
Rate This Recipe