- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 rashers back bacon, fat trimmed, bacon finely chopped
- 400 g peas, in their pods, or 175g podded
- 4 salmon fillets, each about 150g if skinned, or 180g with skin on
- 12 whole asparagus, spears, about 200g total weight, ends snapped off
- 4 slices lemons
- 4 tbsp white wine or vegetable stock
- new potatoes, to serve
For the chive butter
- 75 g butter, softened
- 2 rounded tbsp snipped chives
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
Tips and Suggestions
Each parcel can be prepared several hours ahead and kept in the fridge until ready to cook. Add an extra 2-3 minutes to the cooking time.
Instead of fresh peas, use 175g frozen, thawed peas.
1. Cut out 4x30cm squares of baking parchment for the parcels. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. Tip in the bacon then fry for a minute or two until crisp. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2. For the chive butter: beat the butter in a small mixing bowl until smooth, then mix in the chives, lemon zest and some pepper to season.
3. Put the peas and bacon in the middle of each baking parchment square. Top with half the chive butter. Lay a salmon fillet on top of the peas and bacon, tuck the asparagus to one side and season the salmon with salt and pepper. Dot the rest of the butter on top of the salmon, then lay a slice of lemon on each fillet. Drizzle a tablespoon of the wine or stock over the veg in each parcel, then fold the paper edges over to seal, tucking the ends of each parcel underneath.
4. Place the parcels on a baking sheet. Bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. It should feel firm when pressed. Serve in the bags, accompanied by new potatoes.
Rate This Recipe