- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: plus standing time
- Effort: medium
For the pasta dough
- 500 g '00' flour, plus extra for dusting
- pinches salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
For the salad
- 1 tbsp green beans, blanched, refreshed and halved
- 3 olives, halved or quartered
- tbsp baby capers, rinsed
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp basil
- 2 tbsp frisée lettuce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the salmon ravioli
- 50 g salmon, diced
- pinches salt and black pepper
- 100 ml double cream
- 1/2 limes, zest only
- 1/2 red chillies, finely diced
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- pinches salt
- pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 sheets pasta dough
For the basil foam
- 300 ml semi-skimmed milk
- handfuls basil
- 25 g butter
- 50 ml single cream
1. For the dough; sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a mound on a work surface.
2. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs and olive oil. Using your fingers, mix everything into a soft dough and knead for about 10 minutes, until smooth.
3. Shape the dough into a ball and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
4. Roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into sheets. Cover and set aside. Your will probably need only a quarter of the dough for this recipe. Dry the remainder and use at a later date.
5. For the salad; bring a large pan of water to the boil and blanch the green beans for 2-3 minutes. Drain, refresh and cut the beans in half.
6. Add all the remaining salad ingredients and toss well to combine. Set aside.
7. For the ravioli; place the salmon in a food processor and pulse until minced. Season with salt and pepper and tip everything into a mixing bowl.
8. Gradually add the cream, followed by the remaining ingredients.
Stir to combine and transfer the bowl to the fridge to firm-up.
9. Lay one sheet of pasta dough on a counter. Using a cutter, stamp out a 4cm round. Brush the edges with water. Stamp out around 8 rounds in total.
8. Spoon about half the salmon mixture onto 4 of the circles. And cover with the remaining rounds. Seal well.
10. Flute the edges by making indentations with a slightly smaller cutter.
11. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the ravioli, in two or three batches, for around 4 minutes each. Drain and keep warm.
12. For the basil foam; place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Using an electric stick blender, process everything until smooth. Strain and transfer the liquid into a jug and process again with the blender until it becomes foamy.
13. To serve; divide the salad between 4 plates and top with the cooked salmon ravioli. Spoon the basil foam over and serve.
Rate This Recipe