- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g jersey royals, or other small waxy potatoes
- butter, for frying
- 200 g salmon
- 8 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 200 g green beans, topped and tailed
- 300 g watercress, picked
- 1 1/2 tbsp groundnut oil, or other mild oil
For the buttermilk dressing
- 375 ml buttermilk
- 6 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp chervil, finely chopped
1. For the buttermilk dressing: Combine the buttermilk, cream, garlic, spring onions, chervil and some freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl and set aside until needed.
2. Cook the potatoes in their skins in a large pan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain and add a knob of butter, then set them aside until needed.
3. Season the salmon well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan and cook the salmon over a high heat for 2 minutes on each side, until it is really well coloured. Reduce the heat, cover the pan and let the salmon finish cooking in its own juices.
4. In a separate pan, cook the bacon for 2 minutes, then add the green beans.
5. Break the salmon up into very large flakes (you can either include the skin or discard it) and put it into a serving bowl.
6. Add the potatoes, bacon, watercress and beans and toss gently until combined. Drizzle over the buttermilk dressing and toss again.
Rate This Recipe