- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 800 g spinach leaves
- 600 ml double cream
- 300 g goats' cheese, crumbled
- 600 g salmon
- 600 g fresh lasagne sheets
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
For the garnish
- thyme flowers
Tips and Suggestions
For a pretty effect when using home made pasta, sandwich flat leaf-parsley in between 2 sheets and roll out thinly.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Lightly butter 4 individual ceramic lasagne dishes. Heat half of the olive oil, add the garlic and gently heat through.
2. Add the spinach and season with salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until wilted. Drain and place on kitchen paper.
3. Pour the double cream into the same pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until reduced slightly. Add three quarters of the crumbled goats' cheese and stir till thickened. Season with salt and pepper and strain through a fine sieve. Cover with an oiled piece of baking parchment or greaseproof paper and keep warm.
4. Slice the salmon fillets into escalopes and season them with salt and pepper.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the escalopes for 1-2 minutes on one side, untill just coloured. Remove carefully from the pan and lay out on absorbent paper.
6. Place a little goats' cheese sauce in the base of each dish. Cover with a pasta sheet. Add a layer of spinach. Cover with another pasta sheet.
7. Add a slice of salmon and cover with another pasta sheet.
8. Spoon over another layer of the goats' cheese sauce and scatter with crumbled goats' cheese. Repeat with each of the dishes.
9. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Garnish with thyme flowers and chervil and serve with a tomato and parsley salad.
Rate This Recipe