- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time:
- Effort: hard
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- small sprig thyme
For the vegetables
- 4 new potatoes
- handful spinach leaves
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground salt and black pepper
- grated nutmeg
For the fish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4x160 g salmon
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
For the sauce
- 400 ml fish stock
- 175 ml dry white wine
- 100 ml double cream
- 50 g smoked salmon, trimmings
- small bunch chives
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Mix the cherry tomatoes, garlic and thyme together.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the potatoes and spinach together for 4-5 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper and nutmeg, and add a little lemon juice.
5. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan Score the fish through the skin in several places and season with salt and pepper.
6. Fry the fish, skin side down for 1-2 minutes.
7. Transfer to the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, pour the fish stock and wine into a saucepan and cook until reduced by half. Remove the pan from the heat and add the smoked salmon trimmings.
9. Leave to infuse for a few minutes.
10. Pass the sauce through a fine sieve into a clean pan, re-heat and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and lemon juice.
11. Stir in the chives.
12. Remove the fish from the oven turn and squeeze over the lemon juice.
13. Add the tomatoes to the potatoes and spinach and divide between 4 warmed serving plates. Top with the fish, spoon the sauce around and serve.
Rate This Recipe