- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 3 hours marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 salmon, skin on
- 1 tbsp sunflower or corn oil
- 8 shiso leaves, (optional)
For the teriyaki sauce
- 275 ml soy sauce
- 140 ml sake
- 140 ml mirin
- 120 g sugar
1. Mix all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce together and stir until the sugar dissolves.
2. Marinate the salmon fillets in half of the sauce for at least 2-3 hours, ideally 5-6 hours.
3. Pour the remaining sauce into a saucepan and cook on the lowest heat for about 30 minutes, until thickened.
4. Preheat the oven to 240C/gas 9, or its highest temperature.
5. Put the salmon fillets in an ovenproof dish, skin-side up. Cut small squares of tin foil to cover the salmon skin, but not the rest of the fish. This will stop the skin from burning straight away.
6. Cook for about 5 6 minutes in the hot oven. Remove the tin foil and brush the oil over the skin. Cook further 5-6 min. Make sure the skin is slightly burned and crisp.
6. Serve the salmon skin-side up on the bed of the reduced teriyaki sauce. Thinly slice the shiso leaves and sprinkle over the top.
Rate This Recipe