- Serves: 6
- Effort: easy
- 6 cooked beetroot
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 15 g snipped chives, or parsley
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
For the Cauliflower
- 1.5 cauliflower, large
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 75 ml chicken stock
- 225 ml whipped cream
For the Salmon
- 6 salmon, with skin
- 4 tbsp groundnut oil
1. Cut the beetroot into segments and place onto a tray.
2. Heat half of the oil in a frying pan and cook the shallots and garlic until softened but not coloured.
3. Leave to cool and then add to the beetroot with the balsamic vinegar and remaining g oil. Leave to marinate overnight (if you don't have time for this, using the beetroot immediately is fine, it just won't have quite as much flavour).
4. Remove the florets from the cauliflower, blanch and the plunge into iced water. Drain and leave to one side.
5. Make the cream by combining the stock, lemon juice and horseradish together. Add the whipped cream and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fold in the cauliflower.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the salmon for about five minutes, until cooked through.
7. Divide the cauliflower between 6 dinner plates and top with the salmon. Spoon the beetroot around and serve immediately.
Charles Metcalfe's wine to match:
Tesco Finest Great Southern Riesling 2003, £5.99.
Sunday Lunch With...
Remember to have all your equipment and ingredients lined up and ready to go. The preparation for the dishes can mostly be done in real time (as the show goes out), but the beetroot marinade can be prepared overnight.
Rate This Recipe