- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 aubergine
- 1 whole salmon
- 4 tbsp tapenade
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- pinches szechuan pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tbsp black olives
- 4 tbsp green olives
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2baby fennel, cut into 8 pieces
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- 1 tbsp herb oil
- 4 sprigs chervil
- 1 tbsp parmesan shavings
1. Pierce the skin of the aubergine all over with a fork and microwave on full power for 5-6 minutes, until soft. Peel off the skin and dice the flesh.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Cut the salmon into four pieces roughly 5cm wide. Carefully loosen the skin using a sharp knife, but leave it intact. Cut 2 diagonal slits in the skin of each piece of salmon.
3. Spread the tapenade in a thin layer between the skin and the salmon.
4. Cut the lemon grass into quarters and bash each piece with the base of a saucepan, to lightly flatten. Insert one piece into each of the diagonal slits.
5. Season the fillets with salt and Szechuan pepper. Heat half of the oil in a frying pan and fry the salmon pieces for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden.
6. Transfer the salmon to the oven and roast for a further 5-6 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
7. Using the same pan, heat the remaining olive oil and add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, cherry tomatoes, lemon thyme and lemon juice.
8. Blanch the fennel in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and add to the pan with the other ingredients. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
9. Place a piece of salmon in the centre of 4 warmed dinner plates and spoon the vegetables around. Drizzle with the truffle and herb oils and garnish with chervil and Parmesan shavings. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe