- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4-6 thin slices of tomatoes
- 2 pinches of granulated or caster sugar
- 3-4 basil leaves
- 6 thin slices cucumber
- 125 g salmon fillets, skin removed
- 10 g butter
Tips and Suggestions
Making a papillote: For each serving cut out a piece of baking parchment or foil measuring about 30cm square.
Add your fish and other ingredients to the parchment square, placing them to one side of the centre of the piece of paper.
Fold the square in half to enclose the filling and then fold in the edges to seal and form a parcel. The finished parcel should be semi-circular in shape, looking rather like a Cornish pasty.
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Place the tomatoes on the square of baking parchment (see Cooks Tips), season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, then add the basil leaves followed by the cucumber. Next, place the salmon fillet on top, followed by the butter.
3. Season again with salt and pepper and sugar and fold the baking parchment to form a parcel as above. Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until the salmon is just opaque all the way through.
Rate This Recipe