- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g ripe tomatoes, skinned, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 small red or white onion
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 8 basil
- black pepper
- sugar, to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, adding a pinch or two of sugar to taste if the tomatoes are a little lacking in flavour. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
2. Just before serving, stir again, and add more olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper or sugar to taste, as needed.
Rate This Recipe