- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 red peppers
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tinned anchovies, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- small bunch leaves basil
- 4 tomatoes, skinned and cut into dice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Place the red peppers and chilli on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, or until charred all over.
2. Transfer the peppers and chilli to a bowl and cover with cling film. Leave for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the vegetables, peel them and coarsely chop them. Place them in a large bowl and add the chopped anchovy fillets, the garlic and the roughly torn basil.
4. Cut tomatoes into dice and add to the bowl. Stir in the red wine vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe