- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus overnight soaking
- Effort: easy
- 500 g salt cod
- 200 g haricot beans, soaked overnight in cold water
- 700 ml milk
- 6 cloves garlic
- 375 ml double cream
- 130 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp truffle oil
1. The evening before preparing the soup, cover the salt cod in cold water and leave to soak overnight
2. On the day of cooking, drain the beans from their soaking water and place in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for one hour, until soft but not mushy. Drain the beans and reserve 200ml of the cooking liquid.
3. Rinse the soaked cod in several changes of cold water, and the place it in a saucepan with the milk and poach for about five minutes. Drain, reserving the milk, and then carefully discard any skin and bones.
4. Place the fish into a blender with the garlic and blend to a purée. Heat the cream then add to the blender with the olive oil.
5. Add the beans and blend well, adding the reserved milk and the reserved water from the beans.
6. Reheat the mixture gently in a saucepan, season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately with a drizzle of truffle oil.
Rate This Recipe