- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- knob of butter
- 300 g leeks, finely chopped
- 300 g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut in small dice
- 100 g salt cod, soaked to remove salt
- 1 litres chicken stock
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 125 g chorizo, thinly sliced
- chopped chives, to serve
- garlic bread, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
to make salt cod, sprinkle a good layer of mild rock salt such as sel de camargue in a plastic container. Put a piece of thick-cut line caught cod on top, skin-side down. Cover with a thick layer of salt and leave in the fridge for 24 hours. Rinse off the salt and soak in cold water for 12-24 hours. Blot dry on kitchen paper.
1. Heat the butter in a heavy-bottomed pan and add the leeks and potatoes. Cook over a medium heat until softened without colouring.
2. Roughly chop the cod and add to the pan. Pour over the chicken stock, bring to a simmer and cook gently for 20 minutes. Add the cream and simmer for another 10 minutes.
3. Pass through a fine mouli into a clean pan. Taste for seasoning.
4. Heat a griddle pan and cook the chorizo on both sides until starting to crisp and render its oil.
5. To serve, reheat the soup and pour into soup bowls. Sit the slices of chorizo on top and drizzle with the beautiful paprika oil they have given off. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve with slices of warm garlic bread.
Rate This Recipe