- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus soaking
- Effort: easy
- 4 x 150 g salt cod fillets
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 500 g plum tomatoes, blanched, skinned, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 6-8 leaves basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped marjoram
1. Soak the salt cod in cold water for 24 hours, changing the water a few times during this period.
2. Once the cod has soaked, heat the oil over a medium heat and soften the onions gently, add the chopped tomatoes and mix well.
3. Lay the fish on top of the tomatoes and onions, cover with a lid and leave to steam for 10 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.
4. Once the fish is cooked, add the herbs and stir through. Arrange the fish on a warm plate, spoon over the sauce and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and a twist of black pepper.
Rate This Recipe