- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 24 hrs soaking
- Effort: easy
- 450 g salt cod, soaked for 24 hours, drained.
- 4 eggs
- 4 potatoes, boiled in their skins
- 150 ml olive oil
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- black pepper
- 20 black olives
1. Put the salt cod and the eggs (still in their shells) into a saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8 minutes.
2. Remove the eggs and check the cod to see how it is doing. If it flakes easily drain it, if it doesn't, simmer gently for a few more minutes until it's done.
3. Flake the cod discarding the skin and the bones.
4. Shell the eggs and slice. Peel the cooked potatoes and cut into 2.5 cm chunks.
5. Put the olive oil and the garlic into a wide, deep frying pan and warm over a gentle heat for a minute or so then add the onions.
6. Cook until the onions are translucent and tender, without browning.
7. Now add the flaked salt cod, stir for a minute and add the potatoes.
8. Continue stirring until piping hot, then stir in the parsley and pepper.
9. Only add salt if needed: salt cod is very salty!
10. Tip into a warm serving dish and garnish with sliced eggs and olives.
Rate This Recipe