- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 sea bass, 1.4 kg in weight, scaled and gutted
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 100 g pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 0.5 bunches chopped parsley, stalks reserved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemons, one half cut into thin slices and the other kept as a wedge
- 4 egg whites
- 300 g sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Trim the fins of the sea bass and score on both sides.
2. Mix together the garlic, olives and parsley leaves with the olive oil.
3. Stuff the gut cavity of the fish with the lemon slices and reserved parsley stalks. Rub the scored sides of the fish with the garlic mixture.
4. Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form, then fold in the salt.
5. Line a baking sheet or ovenproof serving dish with greaseproof paper and spread a third of the egg white mixture over the base.
6. Lay the sea bass on top off the egg white mixture, then spoon over the remaining egg white mixture.
7. Bake the sea bass in the oven for 30-35 minutes until crisp. Finish by peeling off the salt crust and squeezing over the juice from the half lemon. Serve with new potatoes and sautéed spinach.
Rate This Recipe