- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 6 tinned anchovies
- 1 boned leg salt marsh lamb, cut into 4 steaks
- 4 swede, peeled and chopped into 2-3cm cubes
- 1 bouquet garni
- 100 g butter
Tips and Suggestions
ask your butcher to bone the leg of lamb and section it for you, removing any silverskin as they do so.
1. Mix together half the the olive oil, the lemon zest, garlic and half the rosemary. Massage into the meat and leave for a few hours to marinate, or as long as you have.
2. Crush the anchovies to a paste with the remaining rosemary and olive oil to make a sauce. Add the lemon juice and season with black pepper.
2. Put the swede and bouquet garni in a pan of cold water. Bring up to the boil and cook for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with the butter. Season and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat a griddle until smoking hot. Wipe any excess marinade off the lamb and cook on the griddle for 10 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Serve the lamb with a mound of warm mashed swede and a drizzle of the anchovy sauce.
Rate This Recipe