- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 pork escalopes, about 1cm thick
- 12 small sage, leaves
- 8 slices prosciutto
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- 200 ml white wine
- 40 g butter
1. Season the escalopes on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 3 sage leaves on the one side of each escalope then wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around to cover them and the escalope. Press firmly to seal.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the wrapped escalopes over a high heat on both sides until golden. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Pour the wine into the pan and let it bubble until the alcohol has evaporated. Add some salt and pepper, then the butter, letting it melt to form a sauce. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Serve the escalopes with the sauce. Wilted spinach and parmesan-flavoured mashed potatoes are the ideal accompaniments.
Rate This Recipe