- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus steeping time
- Effort: easy
For the sangria
- 750 ml red wine
- 200 g frozen mixed berries
- 1 bay leaf
- sprig thyme
- 100 g caster sugar, or more to taste
For the poached fruit
- 2 red plums
- 1 green apple
- 1 pear
- 4 ripe but firm figs
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest only
- 1 orange, finely grated zest only
For the mojito
- 4 gelatine, leaves
- 6 shots rum
- 3 shots lime juice
- 3 tbsp sugar syrup
- 12 large mint leaves
- 12 rosehips
- 600 ml soda water
Tips and Suggestions
If you don't have a gas gun or whipped cream dispenser to hand, just have a glass of the mojito on the side of your pud.
1. For the sangria: put the wine, berries, bay, thyme and sugar into a large saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves, then lower the heat and simmer very gently for 10 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat and set aside to infuse for 45 minutes.
2. Pass the sangria mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing the pulp with the back of a ladle to extract all the juice. Pour the liquor back into the saucepan.
3. For the poached fruit: halve and stone the plums, quarter and core the apple and pear, and cut the figs in half.
4. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add them to the sangria with the empty pod husks and citrus zests (keep back some of the orange zest to decorate the pudding before serving). Bring to a low simmer, then add the fruit and cook gently for about 8 minutes, until just tender. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
5. Taste the sangria and add a bit more sugar if needed. Ladle the fruit and sangria into individual bowls and top with a piece of vanilla pod, if you like.
6. For the rosehip mojito: soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes or so.
7. Meanwhile, using a blender, combine the rum, lime juice, sugar syrup, mint, rosehips and soda water. Add the soaked gelatine, squeezing out the excess water, and mix well.
8. Transfer the mojito mixture to a gas gun or whipped cream dispenser and charge with three shots. Keep in a bowl of iced water until ready to use.
9. Spoon the fruit and poaching liquid into serving bowls and squirt the mojito foam over the top. Finish with a sprinkle of the reserved orange zest.
Rate This Recipe