- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 16 plum tomatoes
- 12 fresh sardines, spine and interior discarded but head and tail still on
- 4 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 unwaxed lemons, halved
- tbsp salted capers
- 1 dashes of black pepper
- 4 clove garlic, chopped
- 8 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
- 4 tbsp Italian dry white wine
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7.
2. Fold four large pieces of foil in half. Place 4 vine tomatoes on the centre of each folded foil piece.
3. Top each portion with 3 sardines on top, then sprinkle with parsley, squeeze over the juice of half a lemon and add 1 tablespoon of capers.
4. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, then add 1 chopped garlic clove, 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil and a dash of white wine to each portion.
5. Wrap the foil over the tomatoes and sardines, sealing well, to make 4 parcels.into an enclosed package. Make 4 parcels.
6. Put the foil parcels on a baking tray and bake in the oven for around 20 minutes.
7. To serve, put a parcel on a plate, open the top and serve immediately with a glass of cold dry white wine.
Rate This Recipe