- Serves: Makes 20 stuffed leaves
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g minced pork
- 200 g minced veal
- 1 onion, chopped
- 50 g white rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp chopped dill
- salt and black pepper
- 20 leaves of sauerkraut, , thick central rib removed, about 5cmx5cm
1. Mix both minces with the onion, white rice oil and dill in a large bowl and season.
2. Spoon a rounded spoonful of stuffing in each leaf and fold over the ends then roll into a small sausage shape.
3. Arrange them together in a pan, tightly sitting next to each other and cover with boiling water from the kettle.
4. Put the pan on the heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes, weighing the sauerkraut rolls down with a china plate the size of the pan you are cooking in.
Rate This Recipe