- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed or finely grated
- 400 g tinned tomatoes, chopped
- 410 g tinned haricot beans, drained
- few pinches sugar
- 225 g good quality pork sausages, any type works well, cut into 2cm thick slices
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook, stirring every now and then for 5-8 minutes until the onions are soft.
3. Add the tomatoes and beans and bring to the boil. Season to taste with a few good pinches of sugar and more salt if necessary.
4. Add the sausages to the tomatoes and beans, then tip everything into a pie dish and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the sausages are cooked and the mixture is bubbling. Scatter over the cheese towards the end of cooking
5. Serve with baked potatoes or pasta or lots of crusty white bread.
Rate This Recipe