- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: or 5-8 hrs in a slow cooker
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- olive oil, for frying
- 6 good quality sausages
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 200 ml white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 sprigs fresh oregano
- 4 tbsp puy lentils
- 1 x 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 2 handfuls kale, roughly chopped
Tips and Suggestions
If using a slow cooker, add the vegetables, lentils and herbs into the lower half of the slow cooker followed by the sausages, pour over the stock, white wine and tomatoes. Cook for 5 hours on high or up to 8 hours on low, adding the kale towards the end. If you have time to brown the sausages, this will add to the flavour of the dish.
For more slow cooker recipes, take a look at our See the top 10 slow cooker recipes
1. Add a little olive oil to a medium-sized casserole dish and brown the sausages on all sides, then remove from the pan and set aside. Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and sauté until soft. Add the wine and turn up the heat to reduce the wine down by about half.
2. Cut the sausages into 2 pieces and return to the casserole dish along with the herbs, lentils, tomatoes and chicken stock. Simmer over a medium to low heat with the lid on for 45 minutes or until the lentil are cooked. Add the kale and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes before serving.
For more easy dinners, try more of our one pot recipes
Rate This Recipe